February 16, 2012
A state-by-state solar pricing
One Block Off the Grid along with energy analytics firm Clean Power Research took the results of more than 45,000 solar estimates from U.S. homeowners in 2011 and plugged them into the maps below to create a state-by-state pricing guide. The infographic below is actually four maps, which break down solar costs per state; short-term (monthly) and long-term savings; and estimated payback time on that solar installation.
numbers aren’t perfect. The results represent state averages and don’t guarantee the performance or savings for any particular system. Still, it does act as a good jumping off point for homeowners debating whether it’s worth it to go solar. 1BOG does have a free solar estimate tool, which provides specific quotes for individuals.
Photo: One Block Off the Grid
- May 13, 2013
- Tesla sales beating Mercedes, BMW and Audi
- January 31, 2013
- Renewable Energy Industries Push for New Financing Options
- January 24, 2013
- Solar Costs to Fall as REITs Emerge as Source of Funding
- December 4, 2012
- Garage Ventures Launches New Corporate Fund for Cleantech
- December 3, 2012
- $120 million DOE grant boosts California energy storage accelerator